Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Reset button

There comes a time in any model railroad where you stop and consider whether to keep going, or turn around and go a different direction. Sometimes it's precipitated by a move, or by a loss of interest in the hobby.

In my case, a leak from the kitchen above soaked a portion of the layout, and I was laid up with a broken ankle and not able to do damage control immediately. When I did get down there, I found the benchwork for the Prince, WV section was probably beyond saving. Doesn't look like it got into the Digitrax gear, so I stripped this section of layout (saving track and electronics) and threw out the benchwork. I'm considering my options, but I may strip the entire thing, and start over. After 5 years of this blog, still no scenery and incomplete track/benchwork... maybe I should build something easier (smaller) with a clearer vision from the start instead of trying to add 8 feet at a time until I have more benchwork than I know what to do with.

It just might be time to hit the reset button.

No comments: